10 Rules to go by when visiting at the Ranch
Please call or send a e-mail two to three days ahead, for making an appointment. This is important before coming to the ranch. I would like to take time for you, because I love to have guests that are interested in getting to know the Icelandic horse breed.
Everybody coming to Hestar Ranch has to be aware of the inherent risks that naturally occur in visiting a horse ranch and/or being involved in any equine activity and also other activities at the Ranch. You have to be fully aware that this is a working ranch with young horses that grow up here, and that it is not always possible to provide a completely safe environment, especially for people that are not used to being around horses and know how to handle them in a safe way. Our horses are not locked up; they are allowed to run and play free. If you do not feel comfortable with that, please ask me to have them in paddocks for the time you are here.
1. YOU TAKE ALL AND FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF, YOUR BELOVED ONES AND All of YOUR BELONGINGS
Therefore every visitor, guest, camper or participant, other horse owner and their companions, he/she must agree and assume that all and any risks involved in or arising from their presence at Hestar Ranch are their own responsibility and they have to AGREE NOT TO SUE Hestar Ranch and their people, and hold them and their employees, workers and co-workers, neighbors, other guests, visitors and friends free from all damages of liability for any injury, disability or death to person or horse, and loss or damage of property arising as a result of your visit at the Ranch, or practicing for or participating in any equine and/or other activity at the Ranch. Every person that arrives at the ranch and wants to try out or ride a horse or do any other activity at the Ranch like hiking, camping, fishing, biking, use a 4-wheeler, cool off in the river and/or use the facilities at the Ranch and/or stay overnight, has to read our waiver, fill out blank lines, understand it fully and then SIGN AND DEPOSIT THE WAIVER FIRST.
2. For boarding a horse, staying overnight or participating in riding activities on your own horse with us, the horse owner will be responsible for his/her horse(s) and all of their other belongings. The horse(s) shall be free from infection and contagious or transmissible disease. Hestar Ranch has the right to refuse any horse, if not in good health, or if suspect for problems or is dangerous. Should a horse(s) get any illness, disease or get hurt, it will be the horse owner's responsibility to care for the horse. Pursuance of liability to another horse owner or Hestar Ranch owner, and their people, employees, workers and co-workers, will not be allowed.
Important: Current coggins, valid health certificate incl. current shot record with all the vaccinations must be available and shown anytime upon request. Please have your horse wormed before coming to Hestar Ranch. Please understand that this is important for us, because we are a horse breeding place. Young horses and breeding mares have to be in a safe environment.
Vaccines: Flu, Rhino, West Nile, Tetanus, Strangles, Sleeping Sickness, are required in addition to shots required by the State of CO.
3. Please stay away from the old buildings and respect our fences, do not touch them and/or go under or over them, be aware that all electric fences are hot, and please keep closed gates closed the same way you see them before you open the gate!
4. Do NOT feed any horses or other animals and do NOT go inside their paddocks unless you have asked the owner and have permission to do that.
6. Watch your children and pets when visiting, keep them close by you and take full responsibility for their behavior.
7. Long riding pants, closed-toe high top riding shoes or boots and safety helmets with strap must be worn by all riders under 21 years of age, and are strongly recommended for all adults as well. Please have those things with you. No riding without head protection and riding boots.
8. Absolutely no smoking or spitting on the ground anytime, no alcoholic drinks anytime during daytime hours at your stay on the premises of the ranch. Absolutely no riding or handling horses after consuming alcohol. Also no fishing, no biking, no hiking while under the influence of alcohol. No excessive behavior anytime!
9. Please clean up after yourself and your horse and leave any facility the way you entered it. Return tools and equipment to their storage areas, and do not use other people's belongings unless getting permission from the owner first.
10. Please take out what you take in and put your garbage in the trash can and drive slowly while approaching and leaving the facility.
Also be aware of the following Law in Colorado
WARNING: UNDER THE LAW, AN EQUINE PROFESSIONAL IS NOT LIABLE FOR AN INSURY TO OR THE DEATH OF A PARTICIPANT IN EQUINE ACTIVITIES RESULTING FROM THE INHERENT RISKS OF EQUINE ACTIVITIES, PURSUANT TO SECTION 13-211-119. COLORADO REVISED STATUS. TITLE 13 ARTILE 21.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO AND OBEY THESE RULES,
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT AT THE RANCH.
We thank you for your understanding and respect towards our people and animals.